Create Delicious and Authentic French Tarts with this All-in-One Baking Kit
Panna Cotta With Apricot Tart Recipe
This Panna Cotta Tart with Apricots is a delectable dessert that combines creamy and fruity flavors. Heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and unflavored gelatin are combined and chilled until set to make Panna Cotta. The Apricot Tart is made with a buttery, flaky crust and a sweet and tangy apricot filling. These two desserts work well together to round out any meal.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- To make Panna Cotta, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir the mixture occasionally over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the vanilla extract to combine.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cold water over the unflavored gelatin in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the softened gelatin until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 hours, or until set, in 6 ramekins or glasses.
- To make Apricot Tart: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 1 tablespoon at a time, add the ice water and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface and place it in a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Trim the dough's edges and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Combine the granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the apricots are softened and the mixture has thickened, with the sliced apricots in the saucepan.
- Fill the tart shell halfway with the apricot mixture.
- Bake the crust for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Before serving, allow the tart to cool to room temperature.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the ramekins or glasses and invert them onto plates to release the Panna Cotta.
- Serve each Panna Cotta with an Apricot Tart slice on the side.
Sweet Tart Accessories
12 Cup Pie And Tart Baking Pan
The Pie And Pastry Bible
The Magic Of Mini Pies
Betty Crocker Big Book Of Pies And Tarts
Sweet Tart Recipes
Mint Mango and Lychee Tart Recipe
Red Currant and Blueberry Tart Recipe
Custard Tart Recipe
Mini Butter Tarts Recipe