Make Delicious and Perfectly-Sized Pies and Tarts From Home
Mini Tangerine Custard Tarts Recipe
These mini tangerine custard tarts have the perfect tangy-sweet balance. The buttery crust pairs well with the creamy custard filling, and the tangerine zest adds a citrusy note.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Pulse in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ice water at a time, pulsing after each addition, until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Make circles to fit mini tart pans.
- Using a fork, prick the bottoms.
- 15 minutes in the freezer.
- 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown, bake tart shells.
- Allow to cool.
- Heat the heavy cream, tangerine juice, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, vanilla extract, salt, and cornstarch.
- Pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture gradually, whisking constantly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the custard is set, in the cooled tart shells.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before garnishing with tangerine zest.
Sweet Tart Accessories
8 Pack Of 4-Inch Mini Tart Pans
The Pie And Tart Collection
Sunbeam 4-Piece Pie and Tart Maker
Sweet Tart Recipes
Glazed Fruit Tart with Strawberry, Kiwi and Peach Recipe
Apricot Quark Tarts Recipe
Strawberry Tart Recipe
Glazed Strawberry Mini Tarts Recipe